If you have made it to this page, you know I plan take a “gap year” to travel around the United States for what I’m calling my 50 states of Rambling, Listening, Celebrating and Reflecting. (Yes I plan to get to every state depending on where the road leads.)
This site offers an opportunity for me to post updates and seek advice. Before I start the first leg of my journey, I’m seeking your insights on the questions below and others I’ve failed to ask.
- While you are in _________ (state, city, region) you should really . . .
- Meet with _________ over lunch or coffee to discuss . . .
- Catch some music at this festival, club, event, . . .
- Go to this vista, road side attraction, national park, swimming hole, . . .
- Hunker down at this bar, diner, hole-in-the-wall, . . .
- To understand this state or region, listen to this musician, book on tape, podcast, genre of music . . .
- In fact, you should connect up with _________ while on the road to learn more about _________ or stay at _________
Please send your thoughts to email@example.com or through the comment function.
I’ll do my best to post short updates here and quirky photos on Instagram at caudellfeagan. On October 26th, I start with a trip to New Orleans for VoodooFest with my family (Alex, Emily, Jane, Josh, Leah, Lincoln, Linda, Lucas and Mollie will kick off the gap year with me). The following week is the first road trip through Louisiana and Mississippi.
I can’t wait to start the journey!